Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

Transmission Shudder

City
Gurney
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Focus
Is there a fix for the shudder besides replacing clutches. Computer Chip?They have replaced the clutches 3 times and now they are saying the extended warranty Ford put on it is out.To many years. I have an extended warranty until May.Then what?Trade it after i finally pay it off.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
D
City
Gurney
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Focus
Thread Starter #3
2012 Ford Focus Se

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Saleen Focus, '17 Focus RS
2012 Ford Focus Se

Sadly there's really no long term fix for it, if it's bothering you I would just suggest trading it in.

OP
D
City
Gurney
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Focus
Thread Starter #6
Sadly there's really no long term fix for it, if it's bothering you I would just suggest trading it in.
The Ford dealership put new clutches and seals and said they put input shaft today.Shifts better now than when i bought it.The coolant tank was also cracked and they said it had a broken motor mount and it had 3.So they are going to replace all 3.All of this is under warranty. But if there's no fix for the transmission i might have to trade it.I hate to because we really enjoy the car so much.