Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

Side mirrors fasteners

Emzdogz

What I Drive
2005 Focus
Hi, I live in a busy part of the city with narrow streets and I have no driveway, so gotta park in the street.
Driver side mirror has been smashed off before, and when I installed a replacement I lost one of the 3 screws, so it's been hanging on by just 2 screws (car is a 2005 ZX4)
Has been ok that way, but the mirror got smashed off again last night. Sigh.....
I'm hoping at least the 2 screws I used are still in there, but I'm wondering where I could get a new set of all 3 fasteners.
Am I going to have to go to a Ford dealership for this?
Was considering taking the passenger side one apart and taking the fasteners to a hardware place and trying to match up usable replacements.
Any ideas for me? Where to get those 3 fasteners that hold the side mirrors on....
Thanks a bunch in advance!
Em
Tampa, FL
2005 black ZX4

BellyUpSPI

City
Tukwila
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2003 Ford Focus
A Focus is a narrow vehicle to begin with, I don't know how people are busting your mirror off. I would think that your neighbors are having the same problem. How close/far from the curb are you? I suppose you can get the screws/bolts from the dealer or a hardware store, or you can go to a wrecking yard if there are any in your area.