Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

Focus 2018 Sync Module Location/Question

J.B.

City
Eldorado
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Focus SE
Hello,

I'm new to the forum, primarily because my mother recently purchased a 2018 Ford Focus SE and I have been having some difficulty finding some information online in general.

My mother is not the most tech-savvy person, and I have gone and moved all of her music to a thumb drive, however I don't want to leave it plugged into the front console or centre console ports as I'm worried it'll get regularly hit/bent/broken, so my hope was to stick the drive in the glove box so she can more or less forget about it until I/She wants to add more media to it. Unfortunately, I have discovered the 2018 doesn't seem to have a USB port in the glove compartment, so my mind immediately went to "It shouldn't be hard to add one and run it to the glove box" Unfortunately, I can't seem to put my finger on exactly where the Sync module is in her vehicle, the easiest way to get to it/the USB ports and whether or not I can simply get/make a one-into-two USB 'splitter,' tie into pinouts or simply use a hub in the dash, as I know they at least use(d?) standard USB A/Micro USB B plugs with clips.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.