Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

2018 Ford Focus, Trouble Starting P1450

dgross42

City
Cincinnati
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Focus
Hello All, New Member, Any help would be appreciated-

I have a 2018 Ford Focus, base model-

For the last month, I've been sturggling w/ an issue- At first, no check engine code was visible or thrown out- The last 2 weeks, I have code P1450, have reset it and it does come back within a few hours to days-

I have a brand new battery, so we can pretty much rule that out....and I've also attempted to jump start it, when it does have issues- Anyways-

Randomly over the last month, it'll do NOTHING when I turn the key over- Literally nothing- No crank, nothing- It has fully operational windows, lights, radio, etc and never has the dead battery noise- It has no noise- Just does nothing- I'll try to turn it over 300 times and get nothing- Then, maybe on the 301st try, it'll crank and almost instantly start- It may not do it again for another few days or even a week- Then, it'll happen again....

Been going thru the same pattern for about a month- One day, I'm guessing it won't restart after all the attempts- Anyone have any experience with code P1450- Also, if so, did it have issues starting? All the info on P1450 I have is idling issues, some other things- I havent seen anyone have issues getting it to start (almost like the starters bad)

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!!

City
Easley
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Focus Hatch
Try before you take it to the shop the purge valve canister i had the code fixed mine it a $50 part you can do it yourself it not extremely difficult but its hard to get to due to my hand size

What I Drive
2013 Focus SE and 2015 Focus H/B
@dgross42 , not sure if you figured out the issue but it sounds like something my daughter went through on her car. Check the negative cable on your battery - the grounded end that is connected to the frame of the car. Her car had too much paint and was not making a good ground contract. I used a hard bristle brush and removed some of the paint and cleaned the area out completely. Used some of the contact gel and tightened it back up... have not had a problem since then (been almost 2 years).