Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

The classic radio problem

City
Santa Clara
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Focus
My radio did the snap crackle pop thing and died after a valiant struggle. So I got another (used) radio and I have a question more out of curiosity than anything. Anyone who has dealt weith the radio will know just what I'm talking about. First, I haven't pulled my radio yet, so I don't know what the back of it looks like. BUT, the one I just got has two antenna jacks on it. I am aware that some have one, others have two. Well, obviously if you have one, the radio antenna is what you're plugging into it... but, i you have two, what are you plugging into that second jack? GPS? And, one is black, one is red. Would I be correct in thinking the black one is for the radio? Any help appreciated, thanks for your time.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
One would be the Satellite receiver (Siris XM) and yes, it's red.

As far as GPS - that one is built into a separate unit - has its own USB/Power wiring (Use CAN Bus)