Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

RADIO ISSUE 2013 FORD FOCUS

BJORNHILO

City
MIAMI
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 FORD FOCUS
To all,
I have a 2013 Focus, with the small screen for the radio. For the last month or two, one of two things would happen, either it would be working and then there would be a pop through the speakers and quit, or it would have a crackling sound like interference and then it would quit as before. In both instances, the radio display would be there and you could tune the radio, but no sound would occur. Turning the vehicle off and then on again would reset the radio and it would work. The other day, it quit and the radio no longer displays on the screen, however, the screen has power and displays the temperature and clock. I went to check the fuse for the radio, but it is connected to the hazard lights and something else according to the manual, but both of those items work.

Any directions?
Will I have to open the dash and check the physical radio out? or is it some obscure fuse that is either unlisted or named wrong?

Daddyo8

City
Ulysses
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Focus SE Hatchback
I saw on Youtube a guy who took his focus radio out for similar symptoms and replaced two chips on his motherboard. It worked but I don't know all the particulars. Might check him out. He got the new chips from a Chrysler wreck. Worth looking into.

Daddyo8

City
Ulysses
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Focus SE Hatchback
And last week I priced a new Focus radio from a dealer...$500.00+ This seems to be a common problem, FORD should have the integrity to offer a change out for selling crap.Other than that I love my Focus, 41mpg and all. The last new Ford I owned was a New-In-Box 1973 Pinto w/ a German 2.0L engine and 4 speed stick. I put in aftermarket carb jets and blew Chevy Vegas off Sunset Blvd. Great fun. Wish I still had it with a 302ci. Oh well..

OP
B

BJORNHILO

City
MIAMI
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 FORD FOCUS
Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the direction. I messed with the fuse the other day and the problem was relieved, but then it started up again a few days ago. I will keep this route in mind.

CEsson

City
Bend
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Ford Focus ST
Hi all, new to this forum. I searched for this same issue above and hopefully the thread is not too old that someone will answer?
I myself have checked the 3 fuses under the glove box, all good.
Can't find a PN on this nor the proper name of it?
I really dont want to be searching for chips on the mother board but just want an PN for it so I can search like Ebay or something?
I found a number but not sure if this is it? Its: CM5T-19C107-BG F0449G.
Thank you in advance for any and all responses.
Corey Esson
Bend, OR