Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

New to Me 2016 Kona Blue FoST

I got a new car to replace the '12 Outback I had a few weekends ago! I drove 6 hours to Buckner, KY to pickup this Fost with ST3 package with just over 11k miles.

At pickup.

First fuel up.

Next to its older smaller, slower, brother

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Saleen Focus, '17 Focus RS
Awesome congrats Brett. Let us know your thoughts on how you like it.

OP
B
Thread Starter #5
Loving it so far. Miss my 18 gallon gas tank from the Outback but otherwise it's way way more fun to drive! Decent on gas if you stay out of boost.

OP
B

bringler26

Thread Starter #7
So I have an ambitious goal for next year and the following year.

I think I may attempt to build the '03 to be a national Auto-x competitor (Let's use the term loosely). The big kicker will be if they eliminate the STF category as I have seen & heard discussed. If that happens it could derail my goals.

Short list of needs:
-Polybushings all around
-Camber adjustment front and rear
-complete rear disk brake swap.
-Fix front spring
-tune the engine/do a refresh/swap in the motor from parts car (Don's Car) with much lower miles and less abuse.
-New clutch
-Revised intake (Currently has Steeda SRI, AKA Hot Air Induction System.
-Read the rules and see how to push them...
-2018 drive my ass off next year and attend pro-solo events
-2019 repeat 2018 and drive to Lincoln, NE.

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Nice goals, they still make the rear disc conversion for the first gen?

OP
B

bringler26

Thread Starter #9
They do not but I bought Don's car that has SVT rear disks. I did the front swap last year and never had time to do the rears.

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
They do not but I bought Don's car that has SVT rear disks. I did the front swap last year and never had time to do the rears.
Thats right I forgot you got all those goodies from Don.

OP
B

bringler26

Thread Starter #11
Step one is going to be fixing my front suspension. New business and new front springs are a must since I've broken one. Hoping that the strut is not damaged.

OP
B
Thread Starter #12
Update 1: added a front plate to the car with something other than zip ties. Blocks the intercooler some but for normal driving it should be fine. Easy to remove when I autocross or something. Had to drill four holes into the under tray for the install.

Partially debagded the hatch and pealed off the dealer sticker.

Also installed Lamin-x on the headlights. I have yellow to put on the fogs but didn't feel like removing the fogs for the install so that'll have to wait for now.

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
So sexy. When am I going to see your MK1 Focus in person again lol.

OP
B
Thread Starter #15
So sexy. When am I going to see your MK1 Focus in person again lol.
Its hard to say [giddy]. Plus now that I have the ST it'll probably be the car that goes to events due to comfort. Sparco Evos are really comfy on super long drives.

With my goal to go to Nationals in Lincoln and my wife's crazy school schedule the car show side of things has dwindled down. I almost went to Cordova for FF but decided it was probably better for me to spend that weekend with my wife. Hopefully next year I can possibly attend some of the bigger Focus meets.

OP
B
Thread Starter #16
Ran my ST yesterday with my Wife. ZX3 will be shelved from autox duty for awhile. ST will be getting GS prepped effective immediately.

My Runs
[video=youtube;2DC3vG0EyO8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DC3vG0EyO8&t=7s[/video]

Wife's Runs
[video=youtube;EWVGbZlonNo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWVGbZlonNo&t=3s[/video]

OP
B
Thread Starter #17
Photos from the weekend:

Getting ready for the day

Getting ready for our first run

Rounding one of the last turns before the finish

Upgrades for the ST:

Can't wait to install them and go for a short test drive tonight!

OP
B
Thread Starter #20
Wheels temporarily installed for break-in. They're about a half inch shorter than stock and I don't want to rack up too many "Fake" miles driving around like that nor do I want to wear the tires out too quickly.