Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

New to Me 2016 Kona Blue FoST

OP
B

bringler26

Thread Starter #21
My First Autox in the ST on RE71R tires. Got first place in GS.

My Fastest Run:
[video=youtube;8gifdwVW9TU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gifdwVW9TU[/video]

My Wife's fastest Run in the ST. She got 6th in GS and missed fifth by .045 seconds. Not bad for her third ever autox.
[video=youtube;TgC1UPdj1u4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgC1UPdj1u4[/video]

Last edited:
OP
B
Thread Starter #22
Today's event that went much better than my event yesterday on a very similar course. Not many showed up due to chilly weather and possible rain/snow mix so runs went super fast.

Today I finished third in Overall PAX, 9th Overall in RAW time and 3rd in GS. I alreadys see areas where I braked too soon or carried speed in bad ways plus a few bad apex's.

[video=youtube_share;3fZccmciQPw]https://youtu.be/3fZccmciQPw[/video]

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Saleen Focus, '17 Focus RS
First event this year Brett?

OP
B
Thread Starter #24
First event this year Brett?
Technically my 2nd points event but four event overall. I had done several test and tune days in Feb and the 1st points event was the day before I took this video. The day I took this video was the first day I finally figured out how to autox the ST effectively. HAHA!

OP
B
Thread Starter #25
Oh I forgot to mention I purchased another set of autox wheels and tires two weeks ago. Found a sweet deal on 17x8 OZ Ultraleggeras wrapped in brand new 255-40-R17 RE71r's. I was thinking about buying BFG Rival 1.5s later this year but these were such a great deal I couldn't pass them up.

Also, Looks like I'll be looking into another option for my RSB. I ordered from Strano Parts on 1/30 and was told it would be 4 weeks. 4 weeks goes by and I am told maybe next week. maybe next week rolls by and now I am being told maybe the beginning of April which is after the National Event at Zmax and is 8-9 weeks after I ordered.

I would be ok waiting if I could get an actual time frame but since it keeps getting pushed back 2 weeks at a time (Feels Like the "Money Pit" movie) I am not sure I am willing to wait.

I also noticed that it is no longer listed on their site as being available for purchase. I've heard nothing but great things about Strano so hopefully they can get it sorted out very soon.

OP
B
Thread Starter #26
Test fit the wheels & tires I got off a guy on Facebook for rubbing issues. Tires are essentially new 255-40 RE71R's on OZ Ultraleggeras in 17x8 55 offset that I plan to use at all my national level events this year. Meat stance!

I'm not normally a fan of black but I really like the way these look!

OP
B
Thread Starter #27
Some better pictures from the test fit last week. I was worried about the tire rubbing the strut but I ended up having 5-8 mm of clearance so no issues!

Don't mind the cone marks I have been to lazy to remove. The passenger side is considerably worse though.

I have to say that I usually don't like black wheels but I really like the way these looked and I really didn't want to take them off because how much I liked the look.

OP
B
Thread Starter #28
The old Focus lives! Driving it while the ST is in the shop to finish my sway bar install. I decided to sheer bolts off the sway mounts and couldn't get it out... Drove the old car Saturday about 50 miles to charge the dead battery. She did well in the snow we got on Saturday. First time I've taken it out in a snow storm in about 4 years or so.

OP
B

bringler26

Thread Starter #29
Pics from this weekend at Zmax.

Friday Day 1, finished 7 of 11 in class, mid pack in my heat and mid pack overall. Very happy for my first national event.

In route with my car loaded up with gear:

Decaled/magneted up with the required things for the tour and contigency programs in the paddock:

In grid between runs:

Action shot by Tradd Slayton. Hoping he has a few more so I could buy a few from him.

Saturday, challenge day which was 3 morning runs in each of the 4 heats. the top 16 in PAX Index for each heat moved forward. I wasn't one unfortunately.

Getting prepped in the cold 39F morning:

Keeping Warm in grid:

Getting ready for Run #1 in heat #2:

OP
B

bringler26

Thread Starter #30
First national event done. Zmax match tour was a great success. Well, I didn't win but I also wasn't DFL so I'm happy. I had a blast.

Fastest Run of the weekend was on the challenge day Saturday.

[video=youtube;B8ZO5g6z0RA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8ZO5g6z0RA[/video]

OP
B

bringler26

Thread Starter #31
More Pictures taken by Tradd's Photos. Don't mind the dirt, I didn't feel like washing my car.

OP
B
Thread Starter #32
From this weekend running with ETRSCCA at Bristol. 17th in PAX 37th in RAW and that was with a cone. I was really trying to push the car to see what I could make it do with the new rear bar. Got beat by my Co-driver by 1.5 seconds but he's a lot more experienced than I am. Next week we're running match tour at Pitt Race in my car for fun.

[video=youtube_share;JX4ii4YzWcM]https://youtu.be/JX4ii4YzWcM[/video]