Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

Hoping for help..

S

Sc00biST

Hi everybody..

This place was recommended to me by various ppl in the U.K

Ok, i have had a ST around 5 yrs ago and had the dreaded P1518 error on the dash.
Back then, it was under warranty and was fixed by Ford - although i am aware what the problem is...

So 6 months back , after driving Golf GTI's for a few years , i have gone back to an ST.

And..... you guessed it... same issue as the car previous..
this time i have bought a replacement IMRC unit and had it fitted and the code goes away for a few days and then comes back again... this time i bought myself a code reader and for the very first time its bringing up a 2nd error to do with oxygen sensor (i didnt read it properly before i reset them both again with my code reader.)

What i would like to know is...

Do i now need to fit a new 02 sensor AS WELL. or do i disconnect battery to reset ecu?
Not alot of garages over here know much about this apart from Ford, who are a no no - when it comes to fixing my car.

If anybody could help/advise me - i would be so appreciative :)