Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

Having issues with my transmission

Hello,
I am new to the forum and wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this problem and what you recommend this issue may be. I have a manual and my car is having issues shifting. I can't shift into first until the car is completely stopped. I have to be at least the right rpms in order to shift into any of my gears and if it's to low I can get it out of gear but getting it into gear it's having issues. There is no grinding getting it into gear. My boyfriend and I have checked the fluid for my hydraulics and it seems to be completely full. So I have no idea what my next step is. I don't have a lot of money and hoping it is gonna be a cheap fix. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Have you checked the shifter cable to make sure its not loose or worn? Next suggestion would be the check the syncros.

ajrn

City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2009 Focus SE (gf's car)
it has a hydraulic actuator, AND a cable? WTF.