City
Hopkins
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 fusion
Hey guys, im sort of new to this platform. not sure if i posted this in the right forum. but ive got a 2016 fusion that i am considering engine swapping. i really like the car as is but its only a 1.5 and i think a little more speed would be nice. im looking at either a 1.6 from a fiesta, a 2.0L or a 2.5L. im also looking to maybe convert to manual...

1.6 sounds like it would be the easiest swap, considering its main difference is a slightly larger displacement and a more performance tune. since they only come in Fiests ST's, it could be a bit pricier.

yesterday i was looking a 2.0L Hybrid. the electric system intrigued me but i wasnt sure if i would be able to swap it over. it sounds like they are quick, but id need to do more research before trying to swp the electric components. i also think the engine is NA, so putting the turbo off my 1.5 could increase performance as well

2.5 is obviously the biggest option, but it sounds like those are hard to find. and being a bigger displacement in the same size block as a 1.6 could end up with a broken block. the 2.5's are also NA but again im not sure the block could handle much boost.

i was looking at 2.3L's aswell but it sounds like perhaps my transmission bolt pattern is different and its also a much heavier engine.

personally i love driving manual. th generation before my fusion actually had them stock. i was wondering since the non hatchback focus also comes with a 1.5, would it be possible to pull a manual transmission out of a I4 ecoboost and fit it to my fusion?