City
Rohnert Park
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 energi
Hey, so i was camping and accidentally left the car on while unpacking. The car went into a battery saving mode. Couldn't unlock the back doors or open the trunk etc. In the morning, i started it and it started, but went into saving mode again. I turned it off and it wouldn't start when it was time to leave. I got a jump from a park range and drove home, but the stop safely now triangle is lit and the check engine light is on.

This is currently our only car. Hoping it's possibly just a new starter battery etc...

Any thoughts?

2016 Fusion Energy

OP
H

Hudson41

City
Rohnert Park
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 energi
Thread Starter #2
Check engine code:

P0562 = System Voltage Low

When i plug it in, does it also start the other little battery in the trunk or could i hook up and exterior charger to the little battery in the side in the trunk?

Also, after driving home for 30 minutes, the car started right up to read the code. The motor didn't even turn on. It was plugged into the wall though...

OP
H

Hudson41

City
Rohnert Park
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 energi
Thread Starter #3
Went out and checked the small battery in the trunk with the car unplugged and off. It was 12.59. Started the car up and the stop safety now light didn't come on, but the check engine light stayed on. I had it plugged in (fusion energy) for about an hour, but i don't know if that would also charge the starting battery or if any of that is connected.

Should i test the alternator?

OP
H

Hudson41

City
Rohnert Park
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 energi
Thread Starter #4
Tested the little battery with the car on and got 14.81. The actual engine was not on. Still have the check engine light and P0562 code

OP
H

Hudson41

City
Rohnert Park
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 energi
Thread Starter #5
Had the car plugged in for another hour or so, went outside and turned it on , the check engine light was off, and i drove it around the block with no issues.

Thoughts? Maybe the battery is old and drained quickly? All looks to be fine now. Should is still look into a replacement 12v battery?

Last edited:

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Did you check the engines belts - see if the Gas engines' Alternator belt to it's pulley is working?

1697592201507.png

Representative image...but the issue is the serpentine belt and alternator for charging it's system.