City
Eau Claire
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2000 ford focus
Hi I have a 2000 Focus. It has about 220xxx miles on it, I bought it at about 190xxx. Its has some some idle issues lately where it stalls on me occasionally. I came home from work one day it was running fine. Went and started it the next day and now there is a loud knocking noise and wont stay running unless I'm giving it gas. Anyone have similar issue? I tried to attach a video but it's not allowed I guess. Also about 2 weeks prior I was going around a corner coming home from the oil light came on and shut off about 20 seconds later and hasn't come back on since..

Armando G

What I Drive
2013 Focus SE and 2015 Focus H/B
Haven't had this issue with my Focus, but have had it in a different car. Could be something as simple as your timing, but with a knocking noise it sounds more like engine trouble. Google "car engine knocking" and you'll see plenty of information on diagnosing the issue.

City
Tukwila
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2003 Ford Focus
Oil light plus knocking? You may want to find someone who knows what a rod knock sounds like, and prepare to possibly buy/rebuild an engine. I have a similar problem with my '03, I believe it dropped a valve seat. It was/is a great little car otherwise, but will cost more to swap engines than the blue book value. I have a hard choice to make, repair and keep it for several more years, or part it out, or let it go to the wrecker.