Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

2015 Ford Focus wiper issues

City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatchback auto
I just purchased this 2015 Ford Focus on October 18 2019. Since that date I've been having wiper issues ( Front ) they stop in the middle and go . I went so far two times to the service dept where I purchased the car and they replaced the wiper motors twice plus original.
The salesman response was keep changing the motors my reply to him well you know. I just have this car only 16days. It has 76,000 km ( 45,000 ) miles. Apparently the technician was told by a Ford tech dealer and Ford knows of this problem and doesn't have any fixed.
My question is do you know of any causes or and fixed. That would help to resolve this problem. The issue doesn't appear on NHTSA nor Transport Canada recalls also no service bulletin on the issue. That includes on Ford us Ford Canada.
Awaiting for hopefully a good response.
Thanks!
Kingsheppard

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Saleen Focus, '17 Focus RS
There was a recall for early model Ford Focus regarding the wiper motor, but I don't think it applies to the '15MY.
https://www.consumerreports.org/cro...ue-to-windshield-wiper-motor-wiring/index.htm

Ford Motor Company is recalling its 2012 Ford Focus sedans due to a fault in the car's windshield wiper system, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). More than 140,000 Focus sedans are missing seals in its windshield washer motor wirings, which may result in passenger side wiper motor failures. The reduced visibility can increase the risk of a collision, said NHTSA.

The recalled 2012 Ford Focus vehicles were manufactured from August 2012 through October 2011. Ford is expected to notify customers affected by this Focus recall starting next month.

The 2012 Focus is one of Ford's best-selling small cars. And it was recently judged by Consumer Reports editors as one of the most fun to drive cars in its class (small cars).

Ford will instruct owners to bring in their Focus cars to local dealerships. Mechanics will inspect, clean and properly seal the passenger side windshield wiper motor connection for free. They will also replace any inoperative passenger side motors, as necessary.

For more information on this 2012 Ford Focus recall, consumers can call Ford's customer relationship center toll-free (866-436-7332) and reference and reference Ford's safety recall campaign number 12S29.

The NHTSA website, www.SaferCar.gov, has more information about vehicle recalls and can accept consumer complaints about vehicles. (See: How to write a NHTSA complaint - and make it useful.)