Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

2015 Ford Focus ST came with one key, need to program a second copy

City
Seattle
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Ford Foucs 2015
I have a Ford Focus 2015 ST that came with only one four button key.
I went on Amazon to buy a programmable replacement. I was able to get the key cut at a locksmith.
I was able to copy the chip by using the Xhorse Tool. So I can start the car with the new key.
However, I can’t program the remote entry. I’ve tried the eight-turn ignition on/ off procedure with the door open and unlock button pressed and I’ve tried the eight-turn ignition on/ off procedure with the door closed.
I have never heard the locks click or open though I have hear a short chime.
Are there any other methods to program the remote entry? Unfortunately the car came with only one key so I can’t use the two key copy method.
Thank you in Advance
key.PNG

car_nut

City
LITTLE ROCK
State
AR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Focus
MTD,
I have a 2012 Focus and was able to program the fob on two new keys (but they don't work to start the car; only to activate the locks). What worked for me was to turn the one original working key to the 'on' position 4 times within 6 seconds, then to hit any button of the four buttons on each key (including the one still in the ignition). If I didn't hit the button on the key in the ignition, it would forget how to lock/unlock. I was able to get that back by 'reprogramming it' using the newly programmed key. Amazingly, the original key never lost its ability to start the car. Still working on trying to get the new keys programmed to start the car.
What is this 'horse' tool you speak of?

I see lots of xhorse products on eBay.

Last edited: