Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Welcome newcomers, please introduce yourself!

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Hi. We are purchasing a 2012 Fiesta SE with 46,000 miles. It has the dual clutch automatic transmission which is my only concern so far as this car. It will be my wife's car mostly and she doesn't drive manual. I intend to strip the paint off the negative terminal and whatever else is suggested to booster the TCM and transmission life. Any help or suggestions along these lines are appreciated in advance. We live in rural west central Minnesota.
What I understand about the dual clutch is that is should be driven deliberately. Accelerate fairly hard, and let it shift cleanly from gear to gear. There are others here who have that transmission who could explain it better, I think.

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Hi. We are purchasing a 2012 Fiesta SE with 46,000 miles. It has the dual clutch automatic transmission which is my only concern so far as this car. It will be my wife's car mostly and she doesn't drive manual. I intend to strip the paint off the negative terminal and whatever else is suggested to booster the TCM and transmission life. Any help or suggestions along these lines are appreciated in advance. We live in rural west central Minnesota.
The gearbox is not a slushbox, but a proper manual gearbox that gets shifted electrically. It has some learning capability and as such will learn how your wife drives. I have found that the car likes to be driven with some spirit or it learns to be sluggish. Sluggish ends up making it feel like it is hesitant to shift; balky. People have complained about it, but that's because they don't learn how this thing works. I love mine (35k mile in 3 years).

BDUCBOSS1

City
BEAUPRÉ
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta se 2015
Salut ont m'appelle STARTER et chui mecano depuis voilà 15 ans je suis du CANADA d'une ville appelée BEAUPRÉ et j'ai un ford fiesta se 2015 et je suis sur ce forum parce que je veus installer un turbo sur cette voiture et je veus en apprendre plus sur le sujet merci de votre accès dans votre communauté !

City
Not-US
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE
Hello Starter and Welcome,
Hi they call me STARTER and chui mecano for 15 years ago I am from CANADA from a city called BEAUPRÉ and I have a ford fiesta se 2015 and I am on this forum because I want to install a turbo on this car and I Want to learn more on the subject, thank you for your access in your community!
Most members on this form will suggest you consider purchasing a Fiesta ST (FiST) as adding a turbo to the N/A car is not cost prohibitive. I have a 2011 and it is doing a great job for what I bought it for, but I do really wonder if I would have been much happier with the "Barrel of Monkeys" Fiesta ST.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Having owned both basic and ST versions at the same time I can honestly say that the cost of ownership, primarily maintenance and insurance are substantially higher on the ST version. Tires, brakes and oil change's will be more frequently required for the ST, even if you drive it gently. If you live in a region that experiences winter weather. The ST will need a set of winter type tires. The basic fiesta is the much less maintenance intensive and practical sister.

Last edited:

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Salut ont m'appelle STARTER et chui mecano depuis voilà 15 ans je suis du CANADA d'une ville appelée BEAUPRÉ et j'ai un ford fiesta se 2015 et je suis sur ce forum parce que je veus installer un turbo sur cette voiture et je veus en apprendre plus sur le sujet merci de votre accès dans votre communauté !
Don't turbo the base engine. It is not built to handle the extra stress of a turbo. The ST version has the internal parts with the strength to handle the turbo.

City
Ponta Delgada
State
Non-US
Country
Portugal
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta - MK7 (2021 Update)
Hello, all of you Fiesta fans!

I'm new here and I drive one of the last Fiestas manufactured in Cologne (Germany).

So sad that the production ended. Hard to believe...

I'm hoping to give and get some info and learn a lot with all you enthusiasts.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Welcome! Yes, it's a shame that the Fiesta is finished. I plan to keep mine for a long time anyway. Let's see some pics!
I wonder how many Fiesta's would be sold per year today if they were available new. I would think that it would be quite popular with people who hate the SUV and or didn't want to spend over twenty grand for a new vehicle.

Mercurios2011

Premium Account
City
interlachen
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 fiesta se 5spd
I wonder how many Fiesta's would be sold per year today if they were available new. I would think that it would be quite popular with people who hate the SUV and or didn't want to spend over twenty grand for a new vehicle.
I know in my area there has been an increase in numbers over the last 3 years , colors I never seen before from orange like , grey ash metallic, light blue ,there is a Red ST and a Violet Blue ST that's immaculate.

I ve only seen another Magenta like mine but it was either a 12 or a 13 , this is my first time owing a Ford and have no regrets , they are cheap to work on and fix , quite reliable and gas mileage only comes second to Hondas and Some Toyotas ,yes a lot of newer cars can deliver outstanding gas mileage , but they are just not as reliable or easy to maintain.

Lots of VW will get killer gas mileage as well but , they are quite expensive to fix and quite annoying to work on

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I think that absence will make people who like high fuel economy cars that are fairly easy to work on miss the Fiesta more every year. I would be ordering up a new Fiesta if i could. Even if Ford were building exactly the same car with not even a single change.

Mark c

City
zionsville
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 fiesta s
Hello all,
Proud owner of a 2014 hatch and 2019 sedan.
I am thinking of turning the 2014 into a b production type track car and was looking for some that may have done this or are interested in do so or similar.

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Hello all,
Proud owner of a 2014 hatch and 2019 sedan.
I am thinking of turning the 2014 into a b production type track car and was looking for some that may have done this or are interested in do so or similar.

Welcome to the forum. Do you belong to the SCCA or know someone who does? The club has a great online market place for race cars and parts. I can guarantee you that you can buy a B Spec Fiesta race car for considerably less money than you would have to spend in cash and time to "build" an equivalent track use toy. The economics of race car construction to meet the rules structure and end up with a car that will pass technical inspection works in the favor of buying a used car that has a current or at least recent SCCA or NASA log book.
The big downside to the B Spec fiesta and other similar production based race cars is that once you get the expenses calculated out on a spreadsheet the cost of going to a Miata or even a Mustang is not going to take a much bigger bite out of the total budget and give you a much greater level of excitement and satisfaction per event.
Just the addition of a roll cage into a Fiesta adds close to 160 lbs to the weight of the car. Subtract the stock seats and add an aluminum racing seat gives you back some lightness. But, the weight has still been increased and more of it is in the roof thanks to the cage.
I really like my Fiesta's. But, the math and science of using one as a race car or track event toy doesn't compute favorably.

Mark c

City
zionsville
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 fiesta s
Welcome to the forum. Do you belong to the SCCA or know someone who does? The club has a great online market place for race cars and parts. I can guarantee you that you can buy a B Spec Fiesta race car for considerably less money than you would have to spend in cash and time to "build" an equivalent track use toy. The economics of race car construction to meet the rules structure and end up with a car that will pass technical inspection works in the favor of buying a used car that has a current or at least recent SCCA or NASA log book.
The big downside to the B Spec fiesta and other similar production based race cars is that once you get the expenses calculated out on a spreadsheet the cost of going to a Miata or even a Mustang is not going to take a much bigger bite out of the total budget and give you a much greater level of excitement and satisfaction per event.
Just the addition of a roll cage into a Fiesta adds close to 160 lbs to the weight of the car. Subtract the stock seats and add an aluminum racing seat gives you back some lightness. But, the weight has still been increased and more of it is in the roof thanks to the cage.
I really like my Fiesta's. But, the math and science of using one as a race car or track event toy doesn't compute favorably.
I have just begun looking for parts.
I am not a member of SCCA yet but have raced/time trialed with Eastern Motor Racing Association in the past.
Time trialed a Ford Aspire and a Pinto, raced a Formula V.
I have the car sitting around do to a frozen A/C compressor. I found an A/C delete belt but haven't gotten around ton installing it.
I may do nothing but I have interest in getting back into racing and have a car to work with.
"It is more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow" to quote someone I don't know.
Before doing anything I would like to talk to someone doing it now or whom has done B Spec.

Thank you for the input, this is the information I am looking for.
I may just upgrade the suspension and time trial again.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Grassroots Motorsports magazine built and ran a B spec fiesta in 2012 and detailed their build in the magazine and their website. I have been a subscriber since the mid 1990's. They are the best source for all information about club racing and motorsports participation and car construction i have ever seen. Check it out!

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Hi! I’m driving a 2015 Fiesta Titanium 5 speed
That's a good car. 5-speed manual with all the amenities. It will get you there at a minimal cost, and it's fun to drive.
And it's a manual! Best part of driving a Fiesta.
You can drive it to work, carry some shit if you need to, and race it on the weekend. You can fit 4 people, if they're not all huge.

Last edited:

Nick S

City
Bangkok
State
Non-US
Country
Thailand
What I Drive
2012 Fiesta
Hello Everyone - My wife has a Ford Fiesta 2012 automatic that she uses for shorter distances (shopping etc..) in Thailand. I am hoping some more technically minded members may be able to help out with some queries about issues she faces when trying to use the car? Thank you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Handy Andy General Automotive Discussions 10