Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

Shorted Out Wires for Radio

MKIIIRS

Can you elaborate where it's shorting? Does the wire still have any power going to it? I ask because you can get a wire harness and go with an aftermarket head unit.

OP
L

lvrbn94

Thread Starter #4
Can you elaborate where it's shorting? Does the wire still have any power going to it? I ask because you can get a wire harness and go with an aftermarket head unit.
I accidentally touched wires together(if that makes sense) and it sparked a bit and now I have absolutely no power to my radio at all. Even tried putting the stock back in. So I have no clock or anything it's all black.

Everything around it like my heating and AC work perfectly and have lights so it has to be just the radio portion that I screwed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Saleen Focus, '17 Focus RS
Have you checked the fuse for the radio? The fuse box is located on the bottom left side of the steering wheel, right behind the CD storage box.

I accidentally touched wires together(if that makes sense) and it sparked a bit and now I have absolutely no power to my radio at all. Even tried putting the stock back in. So I have no clock or anything it's all black.

Everything around it like my heating and AC work perfectly and have lights so it has to be just the radio portion that I screwed up.

OP
L

lvrbn94

Thread Starter #7
Have you checked the fuse for the radio? The fuse box is located on the bottom left side of the steering wheel, right behind the CD storage box.
Yes we replaced them all actually! That didn't work.

OP
L

lvrbn94

Thread Starter #8
Yes we replaced them all actually! That didn't work.

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
If you have a multi-meter try testing each wire to see if you are getting any power.

Radio 12v orange/black
Radio Ground black/green and black
Radio Ignition yellow/green
Radio Illumination orange/black (dimmer)

OP
L

lvrbn94

Thread Starter #10
It was the white wires that touched(don't have the card that says which is which on hand) but those are the ones that sparked.

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
That's really odd as the white wires are more associated with the speaker wires.

OP
L

lvrbn94

Thread Starter #13
I'm thinking it was the white with the black or gray stripe on it?! Not quite sure. It's been a while since I've messed with it.

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Have you checked to see if any of the power wires have power?