Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

Power window and lock issue

City
Rogersville
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2007 ford focus
I have a 2007 Focus. I bought it and subsequently found that neither the power window motor nor the power lock actuator worked on the right rear door. I've checked both with 12v direct power and they both work fine. Is there a common fuse or feed wire for them? Which fuse? It also has been a salvage vehicle due to collision. I don't know the details of the restoration. Could it be a common ground problem?
Help!! I can use a mulitmeter, just don't know where to check.

City
YUMA
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2004 Ford Focus 2.3L Base Model
So, have you traced the wiring harness. I've seen lots of restoration videos and where the damage originates the wiring harnesses are mangled. Also, if it was possibly a flood salvage then there could be corrosion in the harness near that door. Things to consider. If you can find both ends of the harness to that specific door, I would check for continuity of all the wires in that door to ensure no harness breaks exist.