Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

Please help

City
Yakima
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2000 Ford focus zx3 automatic
Hi I'm new to this forum so here it is I was driving home one day I get almost there and I have a huge loss of power and am only running on 3 cylinders and I thought it was the coil so I replaced that it wasn't that i had just replaced the plugs less than 300 miles ago so I thought it was the wires I just replaced them and it didnt fire at all so I double checked and I did put them on right so i thought I got bad wires as they are cheap Ebay ones so I put the old ones back on and now it's not firing at all so idk what to do also I dont have a code reader or much money I can buy new wires that's not a problem even new plugs again btw I put copper core plugs in so maybe I need different plugs idk please help me out it's my only car and I really need to get it going thanks for reading

How far are you from a Autozone? They can scan you engine with a scanner for free. The Zetec motor uses Autolite XP5364

OP
Z
City
Yakima
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #5
Sorry didnt reply sooner but I'm not far from an auto zone but I cant get the car there

OP
Z
City
Yakima
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #6
So does that mean that the whole problem could just be the plugs?

OP
Z
City
Yakima
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #7
So if it is the plugs I need to know cause I can get new plugs but I dont wanna get new plugs and not solve the problem

OP
Z
City
Yakima
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #9
Cel?

OP
Z
City
Yakima
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #10
Like the brain of the car?

What I Drive
2013 Focus SE and 2015 Focus H/B
I'm curious how you know you were only running on 3 cylinders? Why do you believe it's the plugs and/or wires? Could it not be the injector? You can test the wires and plugs manually, carefully (Google it). Don't get tunnel vision considering it could be something else. And don't buy cheap Ebay parts.

OP
Z
City
Yakima
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #13
Well I guess I dont know for sure that it's running on 3 cylinders but if it's not it has one hell of a misfire and I didnt think it was injectors cause (sorry I forgot to post this part) I could smell un burnt fuel and yea I'm never going to buy Ebay parts again but thank you for your input I'll check it out as soon as I can find my dmm but then again I could only smell it one time so maybe I'm totally wrong

OP
Z
City
Yakima
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #14
I talked to my sister in law and she has a code scanner so I'll see if I can get it but for now I gotta charge the battery but just wanna say love this car cant wait to get it running again not just out of necessity but because I enjoy driving it

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Saleen Focus, '17 Focus RS
I talked to my sister in law and she has a code scanner so I'll see if I can get it but for now I gotta charge the battery but just wanna say love this car cant wait to get it running again not just out of necessity but because I enjoy driving it
Did you ever get it scanned?