Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

P0171 DTC, please Help!!!!

odlarhg

Hi

First of all, I apologize to you for my limited English. I speak very little English.

I am from Guatemala and I have a 2004 Ford Focus Duratec 2.3 PZEV. Everything was working well, but several weeks ago the engine began to hesitate. Then it began to lose power to the point of shutting down the engine (Especially when uphill). I have an Innova 3030 scanner and when I connected it it showed me a P0171 error.

The report that shows me the software of the scanner is the one below this message. Can you help me interpret this report? Could you give me some clues as to why this code is being generated and if the values in the report are normal or are there any that are wrong?.

Here in Guatemala it is not so easy to find a service center that will fix these vehicles well since it is not a vehicle that would have been imported by the distributor. Please help me, I need to repair my car.

Thank you.
Parameter Description
Results
DTC for which Freeze Frame was Stored
P0171
Fuel System 1 Status
Closed Loop
Fuel System 2 Status
Not Supported
Calculated LOAD Value
30.20 %
Engine Coolant Temp
190.40 °F
Short Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1
42.19 %
Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1
25.78 %
Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure
8.59 inHg
Engine RPM
1,274.50 rpm
Vehicle Speed Sensor
14.29 mph
Ignition Timing Advance #1 Cylinder
12.00 °
Intake Air Temperature
102.20 °F
Air Flow Rate Mass Air Flow Sensor
0.65 lb/min
Absolute Throttle Position
17.65 %
Commanded Secondary Air Status
Atmosphere / Off
Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage (B1-S1)
0.52 V
Short Term Fuel Trim (B1-S1)
42.19 %
Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage (B1-S2)
0.05 V
Short Term Fuel Trim (B1-S2)
99.22 %
Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage (B1-S3)
0.05 V
Short Term Fuel Trim (B1-S3)
99.22 %

rooSTer

Premium Account
P0171 sounds like you have a vacuum leak. First check all your hoses, then check your PCV valve to see if it needs to be replaced.