Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

new member here-Hi to all and glad I could join

haywire59

A big hello to everyone in the group. tried to join focus fanatics it wouldn't work. anyway I have a 2015 se hatch 2.0 dark grey dreaded DCT tranny bought 1-31-17 used 44000 and it drove fine on test drive. about the 3rd day I had it started shuddering in 1st. got an appt with local ford dealer tomorrow. read some horror stories on this tranny on focus fanatics. Have they (ford) got a good replacement for clutches and seals? If I need to go to a different section I will. Sorry if this seems like rambling on and on.

Since you are going to the dealer tomorrow, ask to see if they have performed the software reflash on the DCT. Most people feel that its an improvement.

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Saleen Focus, '17 Focus RS
Welcome aboard.

Ugh man I had that issue with my 2013 and I went through 3 tranny replacement's because at the time they didn't have a permanent fix. Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did! And Welcome!

Welcome

See what Ford sais and does , I have had good success making the shudder much better to curing it with my custom tune for the MK3

Tom