Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

New clutch

Hello all. I am working on replacing the clutch in a 2001 zx3 zetch and I have a few questions.

While I have it out I am going to be replacing the output seals. I was looking to do the input seal as well but I am getting conflicting information. Some places are saying the input seal is part of the slave and the book says that it is a job that only a shop can do. I see that the parts store have an input shaft seal. What are my options.

What is the line that goes from the master to the slave called, or better yet a part number? I inspected mine and the outer case on the rubber side has a few cracks on it and would like to replace it. I called ford and they told me that they don't show anything like that.

When it comes to the flywheel is is better to clean it up, have it machined or replace it?

Is there anything else that you would do if you had the transmission out? While I am in work mode I will be changing the catalytic converter, timing belt, valve cover gasket, plugs and wires as well. This car is going to be shinny when all is said and done.

Thank you.