Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

Leak in Trunk

GloriaHoy

City
Boston
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2007 Ford Focus Hatchback
I have a ford focus hatchback 2007 and when it rains water leaks into the trunk. I have no idea where how it enters. I comes down on the left hand drivers side and ends up into the well where the extra spare tire sits. It's been going on for about 1 year now and I have to constantly clean it out and worry about any unseen mold.

Has anyone had a situation like this and how did you solve the issue. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Thank you.

OP
G

GloriaHoy

City
Boston
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2007 Ford Focus Hatchback
Thread Starter #3
Do you mean to remove both tail lights and look at the rubber grommets/seals surrounding the wiring????

What I Drive
2013 Focus SE and 2015 Focus H/B
I guess I would want to know what you have done so far to find the leak, instead of maybe suggesting them again. Then we can probably help a little better. There are multiple possibilities and not knowing what you've done (if anything) leaves it pretty open.

City
Corons
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Focus ST
My daughter's car also had a leak in her trunk. It turned out the leak was between the rear glass and the gasket. I added gasket sealer to the window and that fixed the leak

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk