Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Hello!

musgh

City
Garner
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Fiesta SfE 1.0L engine, manual
I recently just posted a question because I'm seeking advice. I thought though maybe I could do a little introduction here.

Back in 2014 when we were looking for a new car, we wanted a model that was fuel efficient and not a hybrid. No hybrid only because we couldn't afford it. With the money we had, we wanted what was the most economical (fuel wise) possible. We landed on the Ford Fiesta SFE 3-cylinder, 999cc engine (I often see it listed as 1L engine). I've loved driving this manual car and while there has been some minor issues with it, it has been going fine until recently.

Anyhow, I don't know that I can consider myself a car enthusiast. But since we recently had to buy a new engine for the car, I'm now a bit worried and aware, and also have been wondering if the dealership is BS'ing us. I posted about that elsewhere. https://www.fordfiesta.org/threads/got-new-engine-is-dealership-bsing-me-advice-sought.9587/

I will say though that I much prefer driving manual over automatic. I sometimes feel like driving an automatic is like driving a go-kart; almost "zero" skill.

Though I say I'm not really a car enthusiast, I'll say that I'm sad to see that mostly only large or huge cars/vehicles are offered in the US market. I only ever want to own and drive small, compact cars. In fact, I'd say the Fiesta isn't really even that small of a car. Yes, it is small for the US market but I wouldn't consider it small for the European or Asian markets. There are so many more much smaller cars there. Recently travelled to Europe and I did fall in love with the fact that they have so so so many options for small cars there. We almost have none now in the US :(

Last edited: