Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Heater core help

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Ok, slow down a moment...

Usually, the install is just the reverse of the removal.
1662980012752.png

The core slides into that gap, with the hose tubes going to the front firewall/bulkhead - did you manage to save the original seals? Because those seals are what helps hold this core while you center and fasten it.

See number 5 in the graphic? That mates with the seal #4 - the tubes slide thru those holes - #18 them bolts to the housing with a few screws - you have a seal on the unit itself - thats ok, the seals I'm referring in #5 and #4 are the ones that go where that lights' shining in...

What's up with that torn plastic?

It's obvious they tore it apart.

Last edited:
OP
F
City
Winnie
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 fiesta 1.6L SE
Thread Starter #3
thanks for the knowledge!
that was me that cut the plastic off at the bottom, the length of the hoses makes it to where the box part of the heater core is way up high,
the plastic piece was chewing up my new coils on the new heater core.

i do still have the original seals
heres a illustration of how far out the alignment of the heater core lines go and where the other end of the assembly falls.

What I'll attempt today is to remove the rubber sealing (if its loose, i'll try not to break anything else)
to see if this gives me enough allowance to rotate the bottom half of the assembly back into its designated spot

Attachments

OP
F
City
Winnie
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 fiesta 1.6L SE
Thread Starter #4
Solved for me:

Had to take out crash bar in order to access heater assembly box,
Rotating the assembly box upward/ where ever I needed it to go.

Answer- take off crash bar