Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

"Greenie" the 2001 Ford Focus Zx3 Autocross machine!

OP
71shadow
Thread Starter #23
[MENTION=22]hotfocus[/MENTION], thanks. I have plans for the fiesta but the green car takes more priority right now. But I have palns of making the fiesta in the 330whp range

OP
71shadow
Thread Starter #26
I really need to fully read your thread! I am trying to figure out what I want to do for the next auto-x season.
You can ask me anything!
And yes that car has gone KABLOOIE so everything good has come off and gone into my Svt focus. It will live on!

bringler26

You can ask me anything!
And yes that car has gone KABLOOIE so everything good has come off and gone into my Svt focus. It will live on!
Part of not having read through yet, what class were you running in? I want to run in STF mainly because I would have to de-mod my car. My absolute must for next season is tires!! Then probably replacing all the OEM bushings with either new rubber or Poly. THe nice thing is if I go rubber I can buy full components such as control arms which would make my life a bit easier since I live in an apartment with limited work space and technically I can be evicted if I work on my car.

OP
71shadow
Thread Starter #31
Part of not having read through yet, what class were you running in? I want to run in STF mainly because I would have to de-mod my car. My absolute must for next season is tires!! Then probably replacing all the OEM bushings with either new rubber or Poly. THe nice thing is if I go rubber I can buy full components such as control arms which would make my life a bit easier since I live in an apartment with limited work space and technically I can be evicted if I work on my car.
I originally ran in STF but when I installed the coilovers and Nitto NT01's I kept beating everyone so they kicked me out into EP since I was also gutted haha. I'm still wanting to fully poly everything. I only have the front control arms done. But since I had to switch all my parts over to the Svtf I noticed I kinda need to replace all the bushings anyway. Whoever owned it before didn't look like they took very good care of it. But with the svt I'll be going back into STF which means I might have to think about getting a tire with more tread since they require a 180 tread and im at 100 haha should be fun though, the svt is almost done!

bringler26

I originally ran in STF but when I installed the coilovers and Nitto NT01's I kept beating everyone so they kicked me out into EP since I was also gutted haha. I'm still wanting to fully poly everything. I only have the front control arms done. But since I had to switch all my parts over to the Svtf I noticed I kinda need to replace all the bushings anyway. Whoever owned it before didn't look like they took very good care of it. But with the svt I'll be going back into STF which means I might have to think about getting a tire with more tread since they require a 180 tread and im at 100 haha should be fun though, the svt is almost done!
I'm trying to figure out a budget to get Bridgestone RE71R which are supposed to be the hot shit from what I heard the few events I attended. Only problem is I don't have the cash and my BfGoodrich All-Seasons are even close to being competitive despite being some of the grippiest tires I have ever driven on including a set of previous summer tires. I think outside of tires I may buy new front lower control arms so I have new bushings for the short term and maybe later on work on the rear bushings. Given that the car has been in the rust belt most of it's life I know it really needs a refresh.

OP
71shadow
Thread Starter #33
I'm trying to figure out a budget to get Bridgestone RE71R which are supposed to be the hot shit from what I heard the few events I attended. Only problem is I don't have the cash and my BfGoodrich All-Seasons are even close to being competitive despite being some of the grippiest tires I have ever driven on including a set of previous summer tires. I think outside of tires I may buy new front lower control arms so I have new bushings for the short term and maybe later on work on the rear bushings. Given that the car has been in the rust belt most of it's life I know it really needs a refresh.
Well it sounds like you have a good plan going there can't wait to see pictures of it in action! Those RE71's are supposed to be pretty badass

bringler26

Well it sounds like you have a good plan going there can't wait to see pictures of it in action! Those RE71's are supposed to be pretty badass
If I'm lucky i'll get a nice Christmas bonus to buy tires and maybe some nice light wheels like Team Dynamics!

I see a few places around me run colder weather events in Dec. & Jan. I may have to try and go to one.