Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

ford focus pleas help

Please help me my car keeps acting crazy it drives just fine put sometimes it will start sometimes it wont last week it wouldn't even start by jumpier cables so we took the battery post off cleaned them real good then it started up then today i was at the stop sign i don't really know if it died or if i just killed it on accident so i tried jumping it and it didn't start so we cleaned the cables a little bit then pushed it and clutch started it and it drove home just fine but when i got home turned it off it wont start once again WHATS HAPPEN ITS MY ONLY WAY AROULD PLEASE HELP ME????????

MKIIIRS

How old is the battery? If it's too old it won't hold a charge. If the battery is new to could be a bad alternator.

Please help me my car keeps acting crazy it drives just fine put sometimes it will start sometimes it wont last week it wouldn't even start by jumpier cables so we took the battery post off cleaned them real good then it started up then today i was at the stop sign i don't really know if it died or if i just killed it on accident so i tried jumping it and it didn't start so we cleaned the cables a little bit then pushed it and clutch started it and it drove home just fine but when i got home turned it off it wont start once again WHATS HAPPEN ITS MY ONLY WAY AROULD PLEASE HELP ME????????
I agree check the alternator or battery.

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Saleen Focus, '17 Focus RS
Alternator going bad is a very common problem with the first gen Focus.