Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

Focus SE Recall on Purge Valve

mwylan

City
Chantilly
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 ford focus
Received the Safety Recall notice 18S32 about the stuck-ope canister purge valve. I am getting the indication of this as "Inaccurate distance to empty (DTE) and Inaccurate or erractic fuel guage indication. Filled the tank up this week and it says now we have used 100 miles on the DTE but the Trip odometer only shows we have driven 45 miles. The gas gauge has gone down from F to a little over 3/4's. Since I have owned the car the avg Fuel has never changed from 30.3 mpg.

What to do? Do I really need to get this fixed and I am really using that much gas up? Comments please.

OP
M

mwylan

City
Chantilly
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 ford focus
Thread Starter #2
Also, will the dealer fix this 100% without charging me a nickel extra as it is a RECALL?

What I Drive
2013 Focus SE and 2015 Focus H/B
Had 4 recalls done so far, 2 on my Ford, 2 on my Dodge, and have not spent a penny. They may try to sell you another service, but I kindly decline. My Dodge dealer actually do a full inspection while it's there. No major issues on either report, just maintenance recommendations. Get it in there.