Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

Finally rolled into the 21st Century with a Focus

City
El Paso
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Focus S (5m)
Hi All!
New here. New Focus owner. By new Focus I mean slightly used. 2016 with 13k on the clock. Shadow Black. Will have tinted windows as of this weekend. Other than that, all stock.
I also own a 1978 Ford F250 and 1999 Lincoln Continental. Neither of which have working air conditioning. Hence, the Focus.

I really like the car so far. Made sure I got one with the 5spd manual. Best way to drive a small little 4banger anyway. It's a good, honest, simple car (simple as they seem to come these days anyway). And I expect, like all my cars, I'll have it for a good long while.

The only aspect I'm not super thrilled with at the moment is the little 15" steel wheels and hubcaps. The only question I have at the moment (and feel free to direct me to a different section of the forum if need be) is if 16 and 17" wheels from higher trim level Foci(?) will fit on mine without issue. I ask because I'm eyeballing a sweet set of practically new 17's I found on the local craigslist. From what I've been able to find online, the 17" are an inch wider and have a slightly different offset than the 15's. Will that cause any issues with turning radius, or mounting on the back (since the S has drum brakes in the rear)?

Thanks in advance!
I'll post pics when I get the chance.

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Yes you be fine, in fact you can go with 18” wheels if you want to.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Focus SVT 0
Ford Focus News Focus RS 0