Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

Door locked shut

City
Folkestone
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
55 plate ford focus
Hi

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, it didn’t seem to fit anywhere else!

I’m really hoping someone will be able to help me. I have a 55 plate Ford Focus. My passenger door has locked and won’t unlock. I have no keyhole on the door so can’t try to unlock from the outside. The fob unlocks all other doors so doesn’t appear to be an issue there.

The lock is pushed in where the handle is on the inside of the door and I cannot make it come out. No amount of pulling seems to make a difference.

Is this fixable? I’d really appreciate any help you could give. Thanks in advance.

What I Drive
2013 Focus SE and 2015 Focus H/B
Hello. Not sure what 55 plate is, but I assume the repair would be the same. First thing to try, hold the latch open and try a shoulder tackle on the inside of the door. If the latch seems to be loose (like nothing connected to it) don't do this. Instead, take the door panel off and check the connections. Something probably came loose and needs to be connected or replaced. With the panel off you should be able to reach all of the latch components and open it with a screwdriver.

Good luck.

City
Tukwila
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2003 Ford Focus
3 month old thread, I hope it is repaired by now, but with door stuck closed, how can they get the panel off with seats in the way? My only thought is to have a locksmith/towing company (or someone who knows how to use a slimjim) open from the outside, then pull the panel to repair.