Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

Check Engine Light - P090c

What I Drive
2013 Focus SE and 2015 Focus H/B
The CEL just came on, on my 2013 se. Hooked up my reader and it shows P090c. Has anyone here dealt with that code? Is it the Transmission Clutch Actuator? Is there a way to tell if it's the upper or lower (from what I'm reading it could be either)? Any help is appreciated.

Search on this forum turned up nothing.

City
California City
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Focus SE
The CEL just came on, on my 2013 se. Hooked up my reader and it shows P090c. Has anyone here dealt with that code? Is it the Transmission Clutch Actuator? Is there a way to tell if it's the upper or lower (from what I'm reading it could be either)? Any help is appreciated.

Search on this forum turned up nothing.
Check with your Ford dealer. There may be an active Recall on the clutch. I have 121,000 on my 2014 SE, but was not having any transmission problems. I got a notice about a Ford Courtesy action. It said that if I was having any problems with my clutch that they would replace it for free regardless of mileage. I figured...what the Hell...so I took it in and told them that the clutch was chattering even though it was not. They put in a new clutch for me at no charge parts and labor.

OP
A
What I Drive
2013 Focus SE and 2015 Focus H/B
Thread Starter #3
Thanks Don, but believe it or not my tranny was already replaced under the recall. This was the clutch actuator that is apparently a wearable part - not covered by warranty. They wanted $250 to check it and $1200 to replace it. I went to my usual mechanic and he checked it and confirmed that's what it was. The part was $100 and I'm going to replace it myself...4 bolts. I am curious why the actuators weren't replaced new when the tranny was done.