Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

66 Plate 1.0 Ecoboost Ford Fiesta Clutch/Gear Issues

Jayboy35

City
West Midlands
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
1.0 66 Plate Ford Fiesta Ecoboost
Hi all. I have an issue and am not sure what could be wrong. My 2016 Fiesta is having clutch and gear problems. Does anyone know what this could be. Tonight, I was driving home, and I was in 2nd gear clutch down then was applying gas after selecting the gear . There was no power, and the car was juddering a little. I rolled to a stop put into neutral, and the stop started kicked in. The car went off, I put clutch down, and it came back on, then was fine again. In the past, I have had intermittent issues with the clutch being down, and the car then tries to pull off in gear while clutch in down. Can anyone advise what could be the issue? Thank you.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
This may be from two different conditions.

One being the "Gimbals" for the Shifter - being X and Y - these two actions - their forces are converted and magnified down at the Shifter assembly - the black box that houses the cables that go to the shifter assembly - where X is one direction and Y is another direction.

The problem it sounds like you have a stuck bushing - for the 2nd Gear ad Reverse Gear are "extreme ends" and might be binding due to a pivot point on one of the Gimbals is corroding and rusted making it stiff.

1709775738820.png

You'll have to remove the cover to the shifter so you can get at the circlip and put some oil on the posts the shifter rocks back and forth on - (see the rust on that piece? that clip is where it holds onto the post) this may help ease that shifter binding you're encountering.

You can also search more on this in our forums...
Another thread here...might help...
https://www.fordfiesta.org/threads/...t-lack-of-power-any-ideas-plz.8826/post-23909

The other may be from a Clutch piston - but it doesn't seem to affect any other gears. So try the above first.