Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

2019 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid-passenger fog light not getting power.

Dano3450

City
Fort wayne
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 ford fusion
Hi,
Lost power to my passenger fog lamp. Replaced it with a new one and still out. I have power at the driver side and verified the light was good. Checked for fuses, but everything points to BCM. Not sure where to check next.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Hmm, did you do a "voltage check" to make sure the lamps connector even gets power?

Have a DVM or Voltage tester?

The Fog light has a ground spot - so if the wires have been corroded off or broken because the skirt struck some road debris, you can check the power connector back at the socket, so verify the voltage arrives using a DVM on 20V Setting and positive lead to one pin and the black lead to a known good ground...

With the engine running and lights on, FOG lights enabled - you test the sockets' connectors one at a time to known good ground thru the DVM - if no power then the POWER wire (Loom side) is suspected has having either a blown fuse or open wire.

You can verify using the other light as needed to help recognize the wire color code so you can know "if Blue Black is 12V and Black Green is 0V (ground)" the other side would also follow suit,

If you get 12V on one but not on the other - that "other wire" is more than likely ground lead and routed to the firewall in the engine compartment and is the ground side - then a continuity check can be used to see if that wire is broken open - and look for wires to the bolt heads on various points in the engine compartment and these are ground points - one may have opened or broken off

Last edited: