Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

2014 ford focus

Hey guys I am thinking of buying a 2014 ford focus se but I read the automatic transmission have a lot of trouble should I still go for it?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

sirkuttin

I just bought a 2014 with 22K miles on it. The transmission is pretty bad. Make sure you test drive in warm weather and take a long test drive. I bought it during cold weather. The tranny works great in 28 degree weather. Not so great in above 50 weather.

I just bought a 2014 with 22K miles on it. The transmission is pretty bad. Make sure you test drive in warm weather and take a long test drive. I bought it during cold weather. The tranny works great in 28 degree weather. Not so great in above 50 weather.
Did you check to see if the previous owner has the transmission control module recall performed?

Look it up here https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/maintenance/recalls/

If you run the VIN number in the Ford recall database it will probably tell you that the Warranty on the TCM has been extended to 100K.

I think all the focuses have a 3yr/36,000 bumper to bumper, and a 5 yr/ 60,000 on the drive train.

Hey guys I am thinking of buying a 2014 ford focus se but I read the automatic transmission have a lot of trouble should I still go for it?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
The above poster is right, you should have a good warranty. My last one had these issues, and they are fixable. They had me take it back three times, two different things in the transmission are responsible for your issues.
Last time. it wouldn't cause me probs until after driving nearly 100 miles on a hot day...but these are serviceable. If you don't have the bulletins, a Ford dealership should be able to fix you up, and it should be covered by warranty.
Made a tremendous difference when fixed!

The above poster is right, you should have a good warranty. My last one had these issues, and they are fixable. They had me take it back three times, two different things in the transmission are responsible for your issues.
Last time. it wouldn't cause me probs until after driving nearly 100 miles on a hot day...but these are serviceable. If you don't have the bulletins, a Ford dealership should be able to fix you up, and it should be covered by warranty.
Made a tremendous difference when fixed!
I wish I still had it. It got totalled back in early February.