Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

2009 focus stereo quality

bratboy

hi there, we just picked up a 2009 base focus. the gf is not impressed with the quality of the sound quality of the oem stereo. so I'm wondering if the head unit is crap or if the speakers are the main culprit?

I'm asking because I swapped out a cheap pioneer aftermarket with a stock stereo in my Pontiac vibe and man was it way better. I hoping its the speakers!

Eli1993

City
brownfield
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2009 ford focus
I got me an 09 coupe a few month ago and the stereo works great and so do the speakers, all I did was throw 2 12 inch subs in the trunk for some added bass and it's amazing. So I'm gonna go ahead and say that your speakers are probably worn out.

What I Drive
2013 Focus SE and 2015 Focus H/B
Stay with the speakers. If you have a base model, then a speaker upgrade would probably make a huge difference.

Ovw251

City
cairns
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
08/2008
I added an echo auto thrust the aux connection and Bluetooth my phone and sounds better than the radio