Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

New to Focus forums

ChaosXIII

Hey guys! So for the past year I have been preparing my 2003 Focus zx3 2.3l for stage rally. I always intended on posting stuff about the car on some forums during the build, but I never got around to it. After I finished up preparing the car and competing in my first stage rally, Gorman Ridge, I have some more time. The engine is mostly stock except for a Fswerks cold air intake (replaced the stock one because I didnt have enough underbody protection and the stock airbox got ripped off at a rally cross) and an fswerks race exhaust. The best part of the car is the suspension, I have custom bilstein inverted coilovers build by Doug Naggy at Streetwise Motorsports. The rear has been converted to coilovers rather than the stock spring and shock being separate.

I bought the car 3 years ago off craiglist for $800 with no car experience, just knew that I wanted to do rally. I set my sights on competing in rallycross and going to the California Rally School (If anyone is in California I would highly recommend taking that class). The cars life quickly got rough when the car got hit by a mail truck attempting to drift while it was parked (crazy I know). The post office paid out a pretty good settlement and the evolution to a full race car began. Ill post more detailed information regarding the car later. Now the car is finished and I have successfully completed Gorman Ridge Rally I figure I should get more active in the focus community. Im needing to do some engine and transmission work soon and need some help from some Focus experts. At the race I had some pretty bad overheating issues due to poor airflow so we finished the last half of the race without a hood!

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Saleen Focus, '17 Focus RS
Love seeing these types of builds, welcome to the site.

OP
ChaosXIII

ChaosXIII

Thread Starter #4
Thanks! Im looking forward to posting in the build thread regarding the reprep from the race. Ill also take more pictures of the interesting things in the build. My transmission is needing work (3rd gear synchro) so I'm hoping I can find some people with experience with the mtx75 for some help. I want to do the mfactory close ratio kit but I know very little about transmissions so I don't know what my plan is on that front.

OP
ChaosXIII

ChaosXIII

Thread Starter #8
Its actually a great platform. Its been really fun. This weekend i plan on taking some pictures of what has been done and make a build thread. Looking forward to posting up

OP
ChaosXIII

ChaosXIII

Thread Starter #11
Thanks! I have some pictures up in the build thread section with more coming soon. Still gotta get caught up on the build thread with where it is now. But after that I have some new stuff to do.

Thanks! I have some pictures up in the build thread section with more coming soon. Still gotta get caught up on the build thread with where it is now. But after that I have some new stuff to do.
I just checked those out, very cool so far, super jealous of the roll cage!