Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

2016 SE front passenger window switch

siscot

City
Riverbank
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Focus SE Ecoboost
The front passenger window switch seems to be failing. It will roll the window up but not down. Is anyone familiar with this repair?

What I Drive
2013 Focus SE and 2015 Focus H/B
I don't think there is a common cause for this, so you will need to do some testing yourself to determine the problem. It may be the switch, but it may also be the motor. Start by cleaning the connection at the switch, maybe switching two of the switches to test, and if not that, move on to the motor - usually not easy to get to. It may be the connections at that end, or broken parts on the motor, or just a broken motor. My other car's window was not going up and I was quoted $168 for a new motor (part only) , but it turned out to be the 3 little teeth things (don't know the name). They were made of plastic and had broken. Turned out be be a $2 fix.