Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2016 Titanium HB 1.6L PCV VALVE LOCATION

City
LOUISVILLE
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Fiesta Titanium Hatchback
1.6L naturally aspirated DOHC Titanium Hatchback.
Does anyone know where the PCV Valve is, please?
Thanks

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
When you have CEL that disappear on their own. You have ground connections that need to be cleaned and treated with Vaseline! I dont know how many miles are on your fiesta, but when the spark plug wires fail, you will have the intermittent misfire mil.
I would start with cleaning the ground connection cluster at the underside of the transmission case ! One at a time. Clean each connection and retigbten them. Then coat the connections in Vaseline. Second area of ground connections is under the battery tray, on a metal tab on the firewall. Do the same cleaning and re tightening then vaseline. See what you get from that effort!

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
One item I see but not sure how this is getting shown or measured, but the vacuum - in Hg, that value appears to be pretty low - so this tells me a valve train issue or worse, a cam out of timing - as in a jumped belt.

IF timing is off, you'd get cam sensor issues - and also low-vacuum measurements - and also noted the coolant is running hot - like 204 degrees in one test you performed, which also shows that low Hg vacuum gauge reference.

So you know, a typical healthy engine shows ~20 to 22in Hg (Mercury) at idle 750 ~ 800 RPM and when in neutral or at park setting no-load - the engine RPM +1000 to 2K would also show STEADY Hg vacuum of about 20 inches of Mercury.

Also to add, the throttle angle is a sure-tell-tale sign of advance issue with timing when the angle pushes the system to "Off idle" when the system starts (cold) about 1,200 RPM and Warm/Hot starting at ~850 to 900 - so that throttle angle in those readings are far less than what you show - for at no-load and 13% opening - it should be screaming at about 2.5K RPM you show 950 RPM if that, and doesn't appear to be true steady reading either. It's trying to be at idle - and it has to force the throttle more open that it should be for a healthy motor. I'm seeing this just by the snapshot.

You show "load" conditions and timing advance (it's own thinking) of 10 degrees that would otherwise be about 20 ~ 32 degrees advance in load (one shot shows ~22 to 24 degrees advance - but again, the banks don't agree to the values they need to be at - so it' sets those codes) - seems to show less Advance than usual - as to which cam? The Bank it's reporting from Bank 0 or Bank 1 - Bank 0 is intake Bank 1 is exhaust.