City
Chama
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 F150 SuperCrew Platinum
Bought my Edge Limited w/20" wheels 2 weeks ago. Went to Ford Dealer yesterday and had it serviced. I requested no tire rotation as the 4000 mile BF Goodrich tires were out of balance above 63mph and very noisy. I had to planned to get new Pirelli Scorpion WeatherActive tires since they ride better and have a much lower noise rating than the BF's. The service technician informed me we had 4 bent wheels on the inside of them and needed replaced. Why he checked them during a simple oil change and service I don't know. The service manager stated it from driving in curves! I'm 75, been around the block a few times and have never had or heard of a situation like this. Edge has 137,000 miles, matches the carfax report 100% and except for a minor fender bender at 10,000 miles has a perfect record. I'm going to get a second opinion from a trusted shop I've used for nearly 12 years. No I don't trust the service technician for reasons I won't go into here but has anyone ever run into a situation like this before? This doesn't smell right to me at all!