Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

2009 Ford Focus SE shaking/vibrating

Maddie

City
Corry
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2009 Ford Focus SE
I couldn't find any other threads about this. But I have had my 2009 Ford Focus SE for 2 months now. It had about 123,000 miles on it but most of them were highway. The car was in mint condition and I no issues when I bought it. Recently, I have noticed shaking/vibrating that seems to be getting worse. It happens when I first start the car, while it's just idling and while I drive. Basically, it is shaking unless the car is off. So far everything I have read says that the engine mount blocks need replaced. I just wanted to know if anyone else has had the same issue? Or any other suggestions. Thanks.

City
dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2008 focus ses
I have replaced the engine and transmission mounts on every focus I have owned. Always made big difference on the feel of the chassis and more solid shifts at high RPM launches.

Jamjells

City
duPreez
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2003 Ford Focus SE
Motor mount was my first guess. Dangerous on some cars because the engine can raise up and push the accelerator into increase and jet your car foward.