Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Tcm replaced 2014 ford fiesta and dealer said there is code p090c

City
Grand ronde
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 ford fiesta
I have a 2014 ford fiesta I had a recall for the tcm it has no start and no reverse and jerks in first and second I had it replaced and it’s still happening they said my battery was bad I checked the battery and with the car running it’s showing 14. Volts I cleaned the grounds and all that I have a p090c code I have no idea what to do every time I turn the key over it makes like clicking and banging in the engine area it almost sounds like the tcm but I’m not 100% sure I’m stumped it won’t start most times unless I put my key in then turn it over and put the car in neutral then back in and park then it turns on just tonight I went under turned the key over and loud clicking from tcm the new one

Last edited:

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
That DTC code means the actuator circuit "A" (or any of them, you have two the TCM uses)

1706465444576.png
So it needs to have the wiring checked, it is telling you that the circuit is low, which means it doesn't have enough power to sustain or move that actuator to make the gears work.

To fix that - may mean you need to clean up the battery terminals - the one on the side that is covered by a red cap - those may need some TLC too, and if possible - a new or fresh battery may help with this too.

Refer to this thread to help you
https://www.fordfiesta.org/threads/2012-fiesta-issues.9652/post-27307

You can also do a search in our forums to find out more about those electrical issues by using the SEARCH icon in your phone or on the browser.

OP
R
City
Grand ronde
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 ford fiesta
Thread Starter #3
That DTC code means the actuator circuit "A" (or any of them, you have two the TCM uses)

View attachment 8853
So it needs to have the wiring checked, it is telling you that the circuit is low, which means it doesn't have enough power to sustain or move that actuator to make the gears work.

To fix that - may mean you need to clean up the battery terminals - the one on the side that is covered by a red cap - those may need some TLC too, and if possible - a new or fresh battery may help with this too.

Refer to this thread to help you
https://www.fordfiesta.org/threads/2012-fiesta-issues.9652/post-27307

You can also do a search in our forums to find out more about those electrical issues by using the SEARCH icon in your phone or on the browser.
So the clutch actuator in the tcm is the one with the low circuit? Not the one on the bottom of the transmission ? I’m gonna clean all the grounds up

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
The whole assembly - at least the cover of it, when you take it off, the "Actuator" - you have two - one throws the clutch pack while another throws the gear drive. They are inside the housing - so the TCM controls both, and with "Circuit A" or "B" - one actuator is reporting low, does not mean that the other is fine - BOTH will have to be inspected and possibly replaced along with getting enough rust and oxides off the housings and bolt mounting locations - to acquire a good ground. Being that condition is one thing, you will still have to possibly fix a wiring issue somewhere else - usually back at the battery, more than likely from corrosion, and trace from there.

OP
R
City
Grand ronde
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 ford fiesta
Thread Starter #5
Ao
The whole assembly - at least the cover of it, when you take it off, the "Actuator" - you have two - one throws the clutch pack while another throws the gear drive. They are inside the housing - so the TCM controls both, and with "Circuit A" or "B" - one actuator is reporting low, does not mean that the other is fine - BOTH will have to be inspected and possibly replaced along with getting enough rust and oxides off the housings and bolt mounting locations - to acquire a good ground. Being that condition is one thing, you will still have to possibly fix a wiring issue somewhere else - usually back at the battery, more than likely from corrosion, and trace from there.
so today I took the air box out and cleaned the grounds behind the battery and I looked for any ground needed cleaned under the batter cover I didn’t see any so I swapped the clutch actuator from the bottom to the top. And a code popped up but I’m getting a lot of noise from the new tcm still when I turn the key on

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
The rattle tells me it's time for a trip to the shop, the transmission sounds like it is damaged.

Before you go there, post the code so we can see if it's something like a train session needs to be done - the actuators need to know how far and how fast to "throw" so it does a calibration step. That may be why you have the noise.