Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Parts question on a 2013 SE 1.6L

DonnieRod

City
Cedar Park
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Ford Fiesta
2013 Ford Fiesta SE 1.6L

P0094 "Fuel System Leak - Small Leak Detected"
The part that has a small leak is pictured.

After considerable searching I found the part on Partsgeek.com
Purge Valve - 2011-2013 Ford Fiesta VIN J - Genuine, Part No. W0133-3606615

Question is about VIN J
The VIN's 8th digit on the car is
3FADP4BJ9DM161868
Is this the correct part.
I am assuming it is...

There is another part:
Purge Valve - with VMV Valve - 2013-2019 Ford Fiesta Naturally Aspirated - Genuine W0133-4129313

Looks identical only 2 difference are the retaining clips one is red and the other is green and of course part numbers.
The car has the a red retaining clip.

Thanks in advanced. 1000008704.jpg 9

Attachments

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
To find the correct part is to know the color of the connector that goes to the intake manifold in the engine compartment.

For my 2018 - mine is Red and also uses the "J" (8th digit) motor.

You will have to remove the snorkel and possibly the throttle body to get a better look at the color that connector is.

1714094184747.png

It is located under and towards the front (towards the Radiators direction)

Also - you may also have a TSB already done on the unit which then changes that valve too - to the newer VMV valve that like my 2018 Fiesta has, the Red press fit clamp connector.
  • - so to know for sure is to check the valve body, on that line too
  • - check to see if the numbers on that valve match the OLDER series (2011-2013) or the newer one which also has the "variable Metering Valve" which the older unit is not
    • The older unit from 2011-2013 is simpler metering valve - a simple "pulse mode" solenoid that varies with rate of pulse as the pressures detected by the sensors in the gas tank - change.
  • So it uses manifold vacuum to pull fumes out of the tank, thru the EVAP canister and then into the line to be burned as part if the "Idle speed" and Idle Air Control "budget" the car uses to trim A/F ratios.

Last edited: