Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Slave cylinder change

City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Fiesta
So I live in Greenville SC, and I have a 2012 Fiesta manual transmission and I CANNOT find any information on how to work on these cars. I can't find a repair book, the one I did find is for European cars, wondering if I could get it and just reverse the sides right to left?

So anyways, I need to change my slave cylinder, how do I go about doing that? I haven't had this car for very long that's why I really don't know anything about it.

Thanks

davidsan

City
greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 fiesta
Wow! I also live in gville and have the same problem! Is your's black too? Mine's in the back yard ready to dig in. Wanna help?

Grumpytoo

City
Hayden
State
ID
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE
Just had my slave cylinder replaced, in Surprise, AZ. It was very expensive $1400 I thought. I did have the clutch, pressure plate and master cylinder replaced at the same time since the major expensive was the labor to pull the engine. Hope it'll last another 100,000 miles. I got estimates from 2 shops only $50 different in estimates. I'd used both shops in the passed, I went with the one who could get me in first.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Just had my slave cylinder replaced, in Surprise, AZ. It was very expensive $1400 I thought. I did have the clutch, pressure plate and master cylinder replaced at the same time since the major expensive was the labor to pull the engine. Hope it'll last another 100,000 miles. I got estimates from 2 shops only $50 different in estimates. I'd used both shops in the passed, I went with the one who could get me in first.
Sounds about average on cost. Did they detail wether they resurfaced or replaced the flywheel on the invoice?

Grumpytoo

City
Hayden
State
ID
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE
Don't have receipt with me, but I'm pretty sure it was replaced.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
It's very possible. I am not so sure that there is any extra material to resurface!
I have been replacing clutches at around 120,000 mile point. I only did one a bit earlier at 117, 000 miles. But i had autocrossed and done track events over many years in it.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I haven't even looked into what a slave cylinder replacement entails on a Fiesta. The few i have done usually required bench bleeding before being installed. It made getting out the remaining air bubbles a little easier. Hydraulic is way less hassle than replacing the cable and quadrant on a fox Mustang!