Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Sisters 2006 Fiesta 1.4 TDCI will not start.

Jcarey

City
Woking
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Fiesta mk6.5
Hey guys,

I’m new and I’m posting on behalf of my sister.
She has a 2006 Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI and it’s failing to start.
She drove it to work last week and when she finished work and got in the car to drive home it wouldn’t start. My dad towed it home and attempted to start it on tow, but it didn’t.
The car spins over, but refuses to fire.
I thought maybe the timing belt had snapped or at the least jumped a tooth.
i’ve checked the belt and the timing and it’s fine.
Also the car will start on brake cleaner or easy start and will continue to run all the time you keep spraying it into the air intake. I know this is not a good idea, but I needed to check if it actually does run.

so I’ve checked the fuel lines and primed the system and all ok. Crank sensor and cam sensors checked and are ok,
My snap-on diagnostic machine is reporting no issues other than the clutch switch which I very much doubt would cause the non starting issue. I took the air intake off and the rocker cover so I could gain access to the injectors and I’ve cracker the pipes off, turned the engine over and fuel is getting to the injectors, it’s just like the injectors are not injecting.
I have pulled out every fuse and check them with a multimeter for continuity and no issues again.
I have checked all of the relays and they are functioning correctly.
After checking all of these things I feel like I’m at a complete loss and could use some extra advice as to where to look.
The fuel pressure is good and is within limit too and I don’t believe it is an immobiliser issue. One thing I will say is that after turning the key and trying to start the car it stops turning over after 4 or 5 seconds and then you have to try again.

the car had a full tank of fuel too so it’s not low on diesel at all.

thanks in advance!

JC

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
We don't have a diesel version in America. But I will hazard a guess that one of the fuel pumps is not working. Or the fuel supply is restricted or plugged.