Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Sensor iIdentification

City
Newark
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta
2011 Ford Fiesta

Car seems to have been a hurricane car or at least has been partially under water at one time. Mudline half way up back of block. Mice have been under the hood and some chewing on wires.

Having an intermittent problem with AC. Car blows nice and cold, then will start to blow warm air. If I hit the brakes it blows cold again. Once blowing cold as a long as I keep a steady speed it keeps blowing cold. If I accelerate goes back to warm air. So there is a wire somewhere that is broken or not making full contact. Disconnected and cleaned the wires on the compressor and the pressure switch. There was some chewing on the outer case, but nothing that damaged the wires. With the car running on my lift I can pull and push on wires but I can not duplicate the compressor kicking off.

While looking for the AC issue I noticed a broken set of wires coming off the part of the harness that connects to the electric fan. (The reason for this post). This section of the loom has two wires, one green with black stripe, the other is blue with red stripe. These wires go from the wire loom up and are connected with ties to the fan shroud. Ultimately ending at a sensor mounted right behind the hood latch.

Trying to figure out what this sensor is?

Attachments

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
It's the ambient temperature sensor. It's part number is AU5Z-12A647-B. if you have already identified broken wires, they should be repaired before continuing. Solder type repair! Not butt type crimp connection!
Many of the components are very resistance sensitive. A shitty repair will often result in either frequent MIL or possibly even damaged control modules or processors. That stuff has very specific power supply requirments.
You should also clean up the ground connections. Many people are having failures due to a poor ground.

Last edited: