Sensitive and touchy brakes

fink-ford

What I Drive
2014 Ford Fusion Energi
I have a 2014 Fusion Energi that has always had sensitive brakes since I had it. I bought it used with 32,000 miles on it. Everything works well on it except for those darn sensitive brakes. I have to be careful on how hard I touch the brakes otherwise I would launch my body forward. The brakes grab very quick, I can stop very well. It is the fact you cannot step on the brake pedal like you can in most cars. If you do the brakes apply to hard and you lurch forward. Therefore I must carefully press down to execute a normal stop. It stops like my dad's 1968 Chrysler Newport did when I was a boy. He bought it new and he always had to be careful on how he pressed the brake pedal. Any ideas on my sensitive brakes on the Fusion? Thank you.

City
Pasadena
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Fusion SE Hybrid
I'm having the same issue with my 2019 Fusion, except my foot keeps slipping off the pedal.... It's driving me crazy.

jnissen

City
AUSTIN
State
TX
Country
United States
Brakes on the Hybrid are touchy. The regen to brake transition takes some getting used to. If I drive my wife’s hybrid I’m always launching myself forward! Takes me a stop or two to recalibrate my brain and foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk