Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

Radiator air duct.

City
California City
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Focus SE
I just discovered that there is an air duct located in front of my radiator that has doors that open and close depending on engine temperature. I hit something on the road and broke that assembly. Has anyone else had to replace that assembly? Is so, how hard is it? Can I order the part and do it myself?

Don
2014 Focus SE

What I Drive
2013 Focus SE and 2015 Focus H/B
Never heard of one that opens and closes depending on temp. Sorry, no help here but would love to know the part name and number.

OP
G
City
California City
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Focus SE
Thread Starter #3
Here is a parts list given to me by the Ford Dealer. It is item 8473. You can tell that there is an electrical connector attached to it. The dealer said that the cost for this part was $500.00. Yicks...! From what I can see by looking under the front-end, the part is not broken. It appears that the shutters have just come loose from the push rod. I was hoping that I could remove it and put them back on. I went out to a wrecking yard and found out that there are lots of newer cars that have that same type of system. I had no idea.

Attachments