Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

My recent trip

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
I took my car to the upper peninsula of Michigan to check out some stuff. It was a 1000 mile trip.
It performed flawlessly the entire way, of course.
I did a loop of Lake Michigan, and in Wisconsin, I couldn't find 93 octane until I got lucky in Milwaukee. Oops.
I used the retail Cobb 91 octane tune until I got to Illinois. Weak.
Considering that I got stuck in slow traffic in both Milwaukee and Chicago, I think I got great mileage, and that car is a fighter plane at 80.
I averaged just over 30 mpg, gunning it, and idling in street traffic. I drove through my old neighborhood in Chicago. It's so different now, but it's still Chicago.
So responsive, and if you step on it, it just jumps.
God bless Ford Performance.

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
When you went through Chicago, did you pass Wrigley field? Its one of the ultimate pub crawl areas ive ever seen. At least it was. Don't think that i will be returning to Chicago anymore.

OP
econoboxrocks

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Thread Starter #3
When you went through Chicago, did you pass Wrigley field? Its one of the ultimate pub crawl areas ive ever seen. At least it was. Don't think that i will be returning to Chicago anymore.
I didn't. I'll be at Wrigley Field for Dead & Company next week, though.
I particularly remember the Freddy Jones Band. They were a hit at the Cubby Bear. I got to sit in with them for some shows once (I played percussion). Nice guys with a still-fun sound, back around '90 or so.

Ah, memories!