Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Metra dash kit 99-5825 to replace factory audio-sync that's dying.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
g120995825B-F.jpg
This audio install kit from Crutchfield allows us to use a DIN 1 audio head unit. The list price of it is around $90 bucks.
Has anyone used this or seen one in person? I was unaware of it in 2019 when i was looking for something to deal with the growing issue of failing factory audio systems, specifically the sync feature.
Now im on the hunt for a DIN1 touch screen audio unit. I have zero interest in the traditional din1 "tiny control buttons" or those miniature remotes that always end up under the seat or lost altogether.
There should be plenty of space to have the capacitive screen be properly angled for easy reading once the old equipment is removed.

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #2
I think this is the gateway to get a 2011 to 2014 ish. Fiesta that has Apple carplay, navigation,android audio, Bluetooth and the option of adding a reverse camera and Sirius XM.
It looks like the only sacrifice required is no compact disc capability on pretty much every single din touch screen audio unit i found. Hell, sign me up! 6328683_sd.jpg
I haven't chosen an audio unit yet. But this Pioneer unit is under consideration.

Last edited: