Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Looking for a simple way yo increase fuel pressure

Todd75

City
Calgary
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2015 ford fiesta se hatchback 1.6L
I have recently installed an injen cold air intake in my 2015 ford fiesta se 1.6 liter. It now seems to bog out a bit like I need more fuel intake to match the air intake. Is there a quick and easy way to increase my fuel pressure to get a better air/fuel ratio?

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Fuel pressure at the injectors is regulated. I don't know how many miles are on your Fiesta or to what degree it has been maintained. So, you might have already replaced the upstream O2 sensor.
If you have over 50 k on the odometer, I would replace that. It is basically the oxygen sniffer that determines the A/F ratio.
I have found that the lead oxygen sensors tend to slow down in their response as they age. I like to refer to them as "tired". They still function within the range of acceptable, but the response is not optimal. Prior to changing that is a good time to clean out the crap that accumulates in the airbox under the filter and get a spray can of throttle body cleaner to give that a good shot of Love.
Gummed up throttle bodies are also a big cause of the problem you describe.
If you really want to give it some TLC, an oil and filter change with a full synthetic oil such as Castrol titanium or Pennzoil platinum along with a fillup of high detergent premium fuel such as Mobil drive clean or Shell V-power wouldn't hurt it at all.

Last edited: